Friday, August 15, 2003

The joys of spam.


ATT:Dear,
I am Mr Phillip Nnanna, Bank Manager of
Orient Bank of Nigeria, Lagos Branch. I have urgent and
very confidential business proposition for you. On June
6, 1999, an American Oil consultant/contractor with the
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Barry
Kelly made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve
calendar months, valued at US$25,000,000.00 (Twenty-
five Million Dollars) in my branch. Upon maturity, I
sent a routine notification to his forwarding address
but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and
finally we discovered from his contract employers, the
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that Mr. Barry
Kelly died from an automobile accident. On further
investigation, I found out that he died without making
a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was
fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and
discovered that Mr. Barry Kelly did not declare any kin
or relations in all his official documents, including
his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank. This sum of
US$25,000,000.00 is still sitting in my Bank and the
interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at
the end of each year. No one will ever come forward to
claim it. According to Nigerian Law, at the expiration
of 5 (five) years, the money will revert to the
ownership of the Nigerian Government if nobody applies
to claim the fund. Consequently, my proposal is that I
will like you as a foriegner to stand in as the next of
kin to Mr. Barry Kelly so that the fruits of this old
man's labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt
government officials. This is simple, I will like you
to provide immediately your full names and address so
that the Attorney will prepare the necessary documents
and affidavits which will put you in place as the next
of kin. We shall employ the service of two Attorneys for
drafting and notarization of the WILL and
to obtain the necessary documents and letter of
probate/administration in your favor for the transfer.
A bank account in any part of the world which you will
provide will then facilitate the transfer of this money
to you as the beneficiary/next of kin. The money will
be paid into your account for us to share in the ratio
of 60% for me and 40% for you. There is no risk at all
as all the paperwork for this transaction will be done
by the Attorney and my position as the Branch Manager
guarantees the successful execution of this
transaction. If you are interested, please reply
immediately via the private email address below. Upon
your response, I shall then provide you with more
details and relevant documents that will help you
understand the transaction. Please observe utmost
confidentiality, and rest assured that this transaction
would be most profitable for both of u! s because
Ishall require your assistance to invest my share in your
country.Awaiting your urgent reply via my
email:phillipnnanna@uboot.com
Thanks and regards.
Mr. Phillip Nnanna.

No comments: