- sermon "on a mission from God" matthew 5:13-16
- its time for transformation into people who are intentional in touching this world
- loving people shouldnt be second nature but FIRST nature
- get out of the pews into the world to help people!
- missional "go & serve" vs attractional "come & see" churches - the extremes.
- the culture has shifted (esp in new england) away from "come & see" the church therefore we need to adjust to be more missional
- i need to go out & touch peoples' lives!
- i have to GO to be effective. i dont serve my purpose being stagnant (salt sitting in a jar or a flashlight on but standing on a table)
- the church only gathers to recharge so they can go into the world to serve
- MY LIFE IS NOT MY OWN! Jesus bought my life with His blood & my life is His.
- i have to make the choice to live my life for God. choose it!
- show people God's love by loving them
- be careful to not lose your saltiness! need to build up regularly in God as we go out to share it.
- when going out into the world dont be judgemental - be loving. its God's job to change hearts - not mine.
- we arent forcing the gospel on anyone. just go build relationships & be genuine.
- go meet people where they are.
Building a Smart Job Loss Plan
5 hours ago