- o/~ change my heart oh God - You are the potter, I am the clay o/~
- todays sermon "night & day" 1 thessalonians 5:1-11
- good or bad people arent whats at stake; child of God or not is what is at stake. Life WITH Jesus or punishment BY Jesus.
- i dont belong to the darkness!
- i am not let off the hook by knowing Christ; i have more responsibility.
- i need to wake up & wise up! Know who i am in Christ.
- i am set to rule with Jesus. I need to act with responsibility in who i am. It is NOT a burden.
- i must be alert & on guard. Why did i stay up until 430a last night? Must wake up & live according to Jesus. Get my -spiritual- coffee!
- dont be spiritually indifferent
- people in the darkness arent aware of spiritual truths
- when i am asleep to Gods calling i am stirred regularly to actually wake up. I need to get up instead of choosing to stay asleep.
- dont stay asleep to God just cause its too comfortable. Get up & think clearly about God!
- the end of the world is coming. Wake up & be disciplined & be alert & be watchful. Be aware of what might lead me back to the night.
- what i do with what God gives me should be well thought out - money, time, words. Consider my life in what it should be in Christ!
- what do people go out into the night/darkness for? Trouble. Nothing but trouble.
- have spiritual poise in an unsettled world. Light up the darkness! Light up our world!
- how do we do it? Put on our spiritual armor with a clear mind & the confidence of our salvation. Faith, hope & love.
- find delight in God. Be joyful in my intimate walk with God!
- have a genuine love for people no matter what they may have done to you or what they may be.
- Dont do to others what they do to you. Just do good. Even if they are mean be kind to them.
- Thats a weapon that pierces the darkness!
- I can get broken bones for my faith. It will bring me to dangerous places. BUT i am the light of the world!
- I have a new identity & destiny so i have a responsibility. Go do something with it in obedience. Get out in the world & meet people!
- the world says there is no right & wrong; if you can avoid consequences, do it. God calls us to be light in the dankners; do whats right.
- o/~ turn your eyes upon Jesus o/~
- ...the advantage to being on the couch to elevate my knee out of the sanctuary is that i was just able to tweet my sermon notes. I like!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sermon Notes: Night & Day 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
(courtesy of using my cell phone to twitter my notes...)