Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Potentially soon to be extinct.

The church is always one generation away from extinction.

I don't remember where I heard it originally, but I think of it regularly. Today was one of those days. I've never met Los, but he took a technology sabbatical & just came back a couple days ago. He's back on twitter again as well & started doing a #twiblestudy. I think it's a pretty cool idea in general - taking a verse & tweeting how you're going to apply it in your life TODAY. I had a rather generalized response today instead of specific to today, but I think the #twiblestudy is what made me think of the church always being one generation away from extinction.

I recently participated in a Bible study with my church related to VisionONE (Outreach New England). I'm wicked glad I participated. A lot of it is being intentional in your relationships with people. Be real, transparent [just got sidetracked by an overdue phone call], supportive, open, etc... Of course, to build others up in Christ means you need to be continually built up in Christ yourself.

Why won't I make the time to spend time with God to learn more about Him?

No comments: