Sunday, September 14, 2003

Ever wish you could rewind life?
I had been trying to leave dance 'cause I wanted to go before I got too tired. I started talking to Anne ('cause I'd finally gotten to dance with her) about where I should go with my dancing. Jen Lyons also came over for the conversation. They decided that I wasn't allowed to take any more privates without knowing what I wanted to work on. If I don't know what I want, I'll just get more basics that are different.

Now, I know there's more to work on beyond basics (I'm not nearly as good as the big dogs), but I didn't know what that was - I'm too new to the dance still. They tag teamed saying what things I should work on, and I thought it made sense.

Near the end of the night, I was finally close to leaving & David asked why I was still there - I'd said goodbye to him quite a while before. My response was that people wouldn't shut up. I didn't mean for it to come across that negatively, especially in front of Jen, 'cause I really liked my talk with Anne & Jen. I just hope she didn't take it as badly as I presented it.

I wish I could have hit rewind & not used shut up in that conversation & shown that I appreciated what they told me.

No comments: